We were discharged from the hospital on Thursday morning. My mom dropped Keegan off a couple of hours later. He walked through the door saying "Baby....baby....baby" He proudly presented Keira with a gift and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Kevin then told Keegan that Keira had also got him a present. He was so excited. He opened up a toy leaf blower and goggles. He was on cloud 9!
Keegan's bedtime routine is to watch a few minutes of TV on mom and dad's bed. So they new family of four all gathered on the bed to watch some Nick Jr.
Keegan then said goodnight to Keira and gave her a kiss.
Once Keegan was sleeping, we decided to put all the boy clothes away that were in Keira's room (remember we thought we were having a boy!) and put all her girl clothes in the closet. My good friend Jenne was so kind to ship us all her 3 month girl clothes. All I can say is that Keira will look great in all these outfits...they are so cute. Here she is modeling one of the outfits.
Overall, the first 24 hours have gone well. Kevin and I are definitely doing better with Keira then we were with Keegan at this stage of the game. It makes me laugh to think of how clueless Kevin and I were when Keegan was a newborn!
I will keep the pictures coming to show you how our family of 4 is adjusting!



2 comments:
Yay! How cute! I love it. Glad all is well. You give me hope for baby 2- knowing that it's easier the second time around... but I can't imagine a toddler and a newborn!
So awesome to see the happy family!!! Yes a toddler and a baby is difficult at times, but definitely worth it. Can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment