Monday, October 17, 2011

How is Keegan?

The one question I hear frequently is "How is Keegan doing with the baby?"  There is no doubt that Keegan loves his little sister.  He always wants to know where Keira is when he gets up from his nap or when he gets up in the morning.  If she is sleeping, he wants to see her and give her a kiss on her head.  When she sneezes, he will always say "Bless you."  He is very gentle and loving with her.  He respects our space when I am nursing her and will stroke her head when she is awake.


When it comes to how Keegan has been interacting with me...well, that is a different story.  Keegan is very similar to me in that he loves to be entertained and be surrounded by friends. He is not good at self play.  So, needless to say, Keegan is having a hard time adjusting to not having his mom a.k.a "entertainment director" available at all times.  I have made it a point to make sure he has an activity everyday.  My mom has graciously volunteered to take him to his Mom and Tot preschool class every Monday for the next few months.  We have had friends come over and play and we go outside everyday to play with the neighborhood kids.  So, the kid is being well taken care!  I keep hoping that he will adjust sooner than later but only time will tell! 

And how is Miss Keira doing?  She is adjusting to the family very well....

No comments: