Tuesday, June 19, 2012

This too shall pass...

Forgive me, for this blog entry is simply therapeutic for me.  Keira is 8.5 months old.  It has been a long 8.5 months.  I have been the ONLY one who has been able to feed her.  I do not say that in a boastful way.  I say that with much fatigue and much frustration.  Two weeks ago I hit my limit.   After much discussion with Kevin, we came up with a plan.  I packed my bags for one night and Keegan and I went to my parent's house.  Kevin graciously agreed to stay with Keira and help her learn to drink from a bottle.  With much emotion, I drove away and my heart ached.  No mother ever wants to take away any type of comfort from their child, but I needed my life back.  Kevin needed his wife back.  Keegan needed his happy momma back.  I knew it was the right decision, but man did it hurt. 

I am happy to report that over the course of 5 days Keira finally took to the bottle!  It was such a victory and such a relief.  I can now have babysitters and family watch her without me having to watch the clock and race home to feed her.  The best part...we are all much happier.  I feed her a bottle at night and feel closer to her than I ever have.  It is hard knowing that I will never nurse a baby again, but I look forward to making new memories with my children.  I have the first steps, the first day of school, and loosing the first tooth to look forward to. 

Although it has been a trying time, I did learn that I have amazing people in my life.  Because of my husband, friends, and family, I was able to tackle this most recent parenting challenge. I know there will be many more challenges ahead, but I feel so safe knowing that my support system is strong and supportive. 

Life is good. 

It feels good to say that again..





No comments: