For those of you who have gone to a restaurant with our family...I am so sorry! Keegan has never been a good eater and I have been lax on his table manners. I will let him graze throughout the house during the day just so he can get some food into him. However, when we ask him to sit down in a restaurant to eat food...he refuses. It was not until I was out to eat with our moms' group that I realized I had a problem. There sat 3 two year old boys in their highchairs...eating, playing, and behaving!! Our son....running around, sitting on my lap, Kevin's lap, and overall misbehaving. It was that night that Kevin and I had a long talk and decided it was time to implement Mommy Law! We decided that all meals and snacks would be feasted upon while sitting at the table. No food could be consumed while sitting on the couch or while playing. Well, a week into it and we had made wonderful progress. He sat for two Christmas meals and even sat for 40 minutes in a restaurant...not once getting out of his chair. Did we bring all possible forms of entertainment to the restaurant...you bet!!! About 5 minutes left of our meal, we pulled out the Ipad and Keegan watched a Curious George movie. We were also blessed to have an amazing waitress who was prompt with our food!
His Nana has also been instrumental in his training. She purchased stickers for him, so every time he sits for his meal he gets a sticker. When we announce that he has behaved well at the table and deserves a sticker...well, he gets very excited!
Here is the new and improved Keegan sitting and eating his well-balanced lunch!!

2 comments:
Yay! So happy for you guys as I know it had been frustrating for you! Congratulations!
I love it! Great pic! Good job Keegan.... although, I didn't think he was terrible. Tell Keegan his dietitian says great work! :) Miss you and love you guys!
Post a Comment